10th ANNUAL PATRIOT GAMES SUMMER SHOWCASE
TOURNAMENT DATES: Saturday & Sunday, July 15-16, 2017
|BRACKETS||GRADUATING CLASS/DESCRIPTION||BORN AFTER*|
|2018 AA (Senior AA)||Elite 2018 Club Teams / Rising Seniors
Highly Competitive HS Varsity Teams (consisting mostly of juniors/seniors and strong underclassmen)
|2018 A (Senior A)||2018 Club Teams / Rising Seniors
Competitive HS Varsity Teams (consisting mostly of juniors/seniors and strong underclassmen)
|2019 AA (Junior AA)||Elite 2019 Club Teams /Rising Juniors
Competitive HS Varsity Teams (consisting mostly of juniors and strong underclassmen)
|2019 A (Junior A)||2019 Club / Rising Juniors
HS Varsity Teams (consisting mostly of juniors and strong underclassmen)
|2020 AA (Sophomore AA)||Elite 2020 Club Teams/ Rising Sophomores
Highly Competitive HS Junior Varsity Teams (consisting of sophomores and freshmen)
|2020 A (Sophomore A)||2020 Club Teams
Competitive HS Junior Varsity Teams (consisting of sophomores and freshmen)
|2021 AA (Freshman AA)||Elite 2021 Club Teams (rising 9th graders)||8/31/02|
|2021 A (Freshman A)||2021 Club Teams (rising 9th graders)||8/31/02|
|2022 AA||Elite 2022 Club Teams (rising 8th graders)||8/31/03|
|2022 A||2022 Club Teams (rising 8th graders)||8/31/03|
|2023 AA||Elite 2023 Club Teams (rising 7th graders)||8/31/04|
|2023 A||2023 Club Teams (rising 7th graders)||8/31/04|
|2024 AA||Elite 2024 Club Teams (rising 6th graders)||8/31/05|
|2024 A||2024 Club Teams (rising 6th graders)||8/31/05|
|2025 AA||Elite 2025 Club Teams (rising 5th graders)||8/31/06|
|2025 A||2025 Club Teams (rising 5th graders)||8/31/06|
|2026 AA||Elite 2026 Club Teams (rising 4th graders)||8/31/07|
|2026 A||2026 Club Teams (rising 4th graders)||8/31/07|
|2027/2028||2027/2028 Club Teams (U9 / rising 3rd / 2nd graders)
Note: Tournament Directors reserve the right to divide this bracket further into AA and A groups as circumstances warrant
|*NOTES: NO PLAYER MAY PLAY IN A BRACKET THAT IS NOT COMPLIANT WITH HIS “BORN AFTER DATE” (EXAMPLE: IF A PLAYER WAS BORN ON 8/1/04, HE MUST PLAY IN 2022 OR OLDER BRACKET, REGARDLESS OF HIS GRADE)|
- Club teams organized by graduation year must enter the brackets indicated above. We will have two levels at each graduation year. Elite teams are asked to register in the AA Bracket.
- High school teams or clubs that are not organized by graduation year should sign up with the following understanding:
- VARSITY brackets will consists primarily of juniors and seniors.
- JV brackets will include rising freshmen and sophomores;
- Underclassmen can play “up” (must be capable of playing with older, more talented players in the judgment of the coach – size/skill/experience should be taken into consideration)
- Upperclassman (juniors/seniors) cannot play “down” without permission based on exceptional or extenuating circumstances.
- Any player can play “up” in an older division. No player may play “down” in a younger division (absent permission based on exceptional or extenuating circumstances).
Roster Certification: Program Directors and/or Coaches are required to review their rosters and certify as to team compliance with age requirements during registration process, and also as to current status of US Lacrosse memberships for players on the roster.
Teams with Compliance Outliers: Tournament Directors reserve the right to audit entries or samples thereof and run edits to identify compliance outliers. In the absence of advance notice and permission based on exceptional or extenuating circumstances, teams with compliance outlier players will lose their spot in the event and forfeit their registration fee.
- All teams play at least 5 games in a Championship Format
- 3 games of Pool Play on Saturday (7/15/17)
- 2 games of Playoffs/Consolations on Sunday (7/16/17) (Note – we try to wrap up all games by 3:00pm on Sun)
- Scheduling: Tournament Directors will endeavor to assign brackets/divisions to either morning or afternoon sessions to limit wait time between games and to avoid remaining on site all day. We encourage all our teams and their entourages to make plans to explore the region’s many amenities, including restaurants and historic sites